CYCLING WA CYCLESKILL COACH COURSE
Date: 21 April 2012
Time: 8.30am to 6pm
Venue: George Burnett Leisure Centre, Manning Rd, Karrawarra.
CycleSkill Coach Course is specifically targeted at the coach who desires to assist novice cyclists in the areas of bicycle skills, road worthiness, the correct choice and fitment of cycling equipment and optimising bicycle set up using existing equipment.
- Jenni Banks - Jenni is one of the most awarded and recognised professional cycling coaches in Australia with international awards in coaching.
Topics covered include:
- Coaching Philosophy
- Coaches roles and responsibilities
- Elements of a training Session
- Managing risk
- Athlete development
- Bike road worthiness and safety
- Cycle Skills Evaluation
- Your own bike and riding equipment for car park work
- Pen and paper ready for note taking
- Your own lunch, tea/ coffee only provided.
- Working with Children Check card or reciept
- Minimum age 16
- current members of Cycling Australia $200 incl. gst
- Non members of Cycling Australia require a Cycling Australia membership with at least a Cycling Australia Platinum or Ride it Recreational License.
- Spaces available for minimum of 8 and a maximum of 14 participants
What you receive:
- resource manuals and workbooks
- 9 hours of CycleSkills Coach instruction by an accredited Cycling Australia Coach/ Assessor
- 4 year Coach Accreditation with Cycling Australia upon completion of all requirements.
What you can do with this qualification:
- Deliver CycleSkill courses to your club, your group or the general public
- Get involved withCyclingWAand deliver our courses or promote your own.
- NOTE: Insurance and Membership restrictions apply
The further requirements of the course need you to:
- Undertake an assessment of your coaching, included in the course.
- Complete the Coach’s workbook and return to the Cycling Australia office within 60 days of the course.
- Satisfy the Accreditation requirements (Section 3.1) of the Coach’s Workbook.
- Maintain Cycling Australia membership to retain qualifications.
- Have a Working with Children Check card or reciept
- Have a 1 day first aid certificate.
Please click here
to read through this important information to ensure that you fully understand the process the course follows.